- What Continuing Education opportunities does PRCC offer?
- How are Continuing Education Units (CEUs) processed at PRCC?
- What is the process to receive approval to host a CEU course?
- How many CEUs can be earned for each hour of the course?
- What is the difference between CEUs and community education classes?
- How much does it cost to earn CEUs through PRCC?
Q: What Continuing Education opportunities does PRCC offer?
A: Currently, Pearl River Community College does not offer any Continuing Education opportunities; however, opportunities are periodically available through Workforce. Contact them at 601-554-4667.
Q: How are Continuing Education Units (CEUs) processed at PRCC?
A: Pearl River Community College transcripts the CEUs when a local school district or other approved organization requests approval to host a CEU professional development session. For more information on this process review the Continuing Education web site and then call 601-403-1374.
- At least two weeks prior to the date of the course, request approval by completing the CEU Host Request form.
- Upon approval of the course, use the provided CEU Transcript Request form to gather the information from each course participant.
- Submit the required information at the completion of the course. For more information, review the Continuing Education web site.
Q: How many CEUs can be earned for each hour of the course?
A: For each hour of the course, a participant is awarded .1 CEUs. A ten hour course would be worth 1 CEU credit. No PRCC CEU course is approved for less than .5 CEUs.
Q: What is the difference between CEUs and community education classes?
A: Continuing Education Units are opportunities for individuals who need training to retain certification. Community education opportunities are provided to teach people a hobby or to reinforce life-long learning.