Pearl River Community College

Dual Enrollment

Q:    What is dual enrollment?
A:    The term dual enrollment can mean several things depending on the circumstances. Dual Enrollment can mean:

  • a student enrolled at more than one college
  • a student enrolled in academic as well as career/technical courses
  • a high school student enrolled in college courses

A high school student is dually enrolled if he or she takes college classes in any of the following formats: day classes, night classes, weekend classes, online classes, or college classes taught by a high school instructor during the school day at the student's high school.

Q:    What are the requirements for Dual Enrollment?
A:    A high school student is eligible for dual enrollment at Pearl River Community College if the student has:

  • Completed a minimum of 14 core high school units (exception: any student who has earned a minimum of 30 on the ACT and has the required GPA and recommendation as described below can participate even if 14 core credits have not been earned)
  • Earned a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale, or better, on all high school courses, as documented on an official  high school transcript
  • Obtained an unconditional written recommendation from their high school principal and/or guidance counselor
  • Scored the appropriate sub-test scores on the English and Mathematics subtests of the ACT test: English (17 or above) and Mathematics(19 or above) Dual Enrollment students must have ACT scores on file with PRCC.

Q:    How does a student take Dual Enrollment classes?
A:    Short answer:
All Dual Enrollment processing is completed by Ms. Cindy Wells.  The Vice President for General Education and Technology Services oversees this.  Email Ms. Wells at or call her at 601-403-1374.

Long answer:

  • To take a Dual Enrollment class at your local high school, contact your high school counselor or principal and ask what opportunities they have available.  It varies by high school.
  • To take a Dual Enrollment class at a PRCC location, complete the Dual Enrollment application under Future Students on the PRCC homepage.  If there are additional questions, contact Ms. Cindy Wells at or 601-403-1374.
  • To take an online Dual Enrollment class, complete the Dual Enrollment application under Future Students on the PRCC homepage.  After completing the application, contact Ms. Cindy Wells at or 601-403-1374.  She will provide you a list of other items that you will need in order to become a Dual Enrollment student and will request that you bring those items with you when you come to meet with her. 

Q    How does a high school apply for Dual Enrollment classes?
A    Complete the Request for Dual Enrollment and submit this form to the PRCC Office of General Education and Technology Services. It is very important that you submit the information regarding the instructor for the course. If that individual has never taught for PRCC, then his or her transcript will have to be approved before the course is approved.

  1. After the request has been approved, complete and submit the Articulation Agreement.
  2. Each student must submit a PRCC application, a Transcript, a Student/Parent Dual Enrollment Agreement form, and submit an official high school transcript. ACT scores should be on file with the PRCC Admission's Office. If the student did not request scores be sent to PRCC at the time of the testing, it is the student's responsibility to do this prior to the beginning of the course.
  3. A recommendation form for each student must be signed by the high school principal or high school counselor.

Each of these items for each student must be submitted to PRCC.

  • PRCC Application
  • Transcript
  • Student/Parent Dual Enrollment Agreement form
  • Recommendation Form from either school principal or school counselor

Q:    How much do high school Dual Enrollment classes cost?
A:    All Dual Enrollment classes are $100.  This covers the tuition, fees, and ebook.

Q:    Who teaches high school Dual Enrollment classes?
A:    Regular day classes, night classes, weekend classes, and online classes are taught by an instructor employed by the College.

Dual Enrollment classes taught at the high school are taught by an instructor who is employed by the local K-12 district. This instructor must be qualified according to the SACSCOC requirements to which PRCC adheres. Before a Dual Enrollment course is approved, the instructor's credentials must be approved by the Vice President for General Education and Technology Services.

Q:    What are the high school Dual Enrollment instructor's responsibilities?
A:    Once approved to teach a course, the instructor is the primary contact with the College. From time to time a principal or a counselor may assist in the initial establishment of the course, but the instructor is the person who completes the online enrollment information in GradesFirst and submits grades through RiverGuide and Wildcat Web. Instructor Responsibilities include:

  • Review the End-of-Semester Instructor Responsibilities for Dual-Enrollment Courses.
  • Instruct the course following the objectives in the provided College syllabus.
    Complete a daily attendance audit in GradesFirst
  • Submit mid-term grades in Wildcat Web.
  • Submit final grades in Wildcat Web.

Instructors unsure of the process for accessing Wildcat Web and GradesFirst can contact Dr. Martha Smith at