University Bachelor’s Degree Transfer

A student who intends to transfer to a four-year college or university after attending Pearl River Community College should follow a university (academic) bachelor’s degree transfer program of study. A student following a transfer program of study has the opportunity to earn the Associate in Arts degree at PRCC.

Typically up to one-half of the total semester hours required for a bachelor’s degree may be transferred from a community college and applied to that degree at a university or four-year college. Students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university should be aware of the transfer requirements that may apply in their particular cases.

PRCC participates in the Articulation Agreement between Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning and the Mississippi State Board for Community and Junior Colleges. This Articulation Agreement contains Academic/University Transfer programs of study appropriate for community college students who plan to transfer to public universities in Mississippi. Additional transfer information on public universities in Mississippi, can be found on the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning’s website

Students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university other than a public Mississippi university should contact that institution for their admission requirements for transfer students.

How to Prepare for Transfer

  1. Meet with an academic counselor/advisor at PRCC
  2. Consider which program and university for transfer
  3. Declare a major at 24 college credit hours or sooner
  4. Contact the transfer services office at the transfer institution to obtain information relating to application deadlines, transfer policies, financial aid policies, and other available assistance
  5. Plan to meet and/or exceed the admission requirements for the university and program
  6. Complete the AA degree and prerequisite courses prior to transfer