WHO / WHERE - Dual Enrollment Option 2 allows high school students to attend a class taught at an official Pearl River Community College location.
COST - The student must pay full price and any required fees for the course as well as the cost of the textbook.
HOW - In order to participate in Option 2, the student must provide the following to Pearl River Community College:
- A completed Option 2 Dual Enrollment Recommendation Form
- PRCC Application
- Student/Parent Agreement Form - This form is to give permission for Pearl River Community College to provide the final course grade(s) of the student to the high school if the student is receiving Dual Credit. (Dual Credit is arranged by the high school and must be aligned according to state guidelines.)
- Official High School Transcript - Ask the high school to mail the transcript to:
Pearl River Community College
General Education and Technology Services
101 Hwy 11 N
Poplarville, Mississippi 39470
When you bring your completed information to the Office for General Education and Technology Services, personnel will assist you in completing the registration process (Business Office, registration, textbooks, etc.). If you have any questions, contact Cindy Wells at email@example.com or 601-403-1374.
If the high school wishes to use the College course as a Dual Credit course, then the high school coordinator must complete the following steps:
- Articulation Agreement
- Designate a contact person at the high school or in the central office.
- Provide a complete list of the Option 2 Dual Enrollment students to whom the Articulation Agreement applies to the Office for General Education and Technology Services. For assistance, contact Martha Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-403-1209.