POLICY OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Tuesday, April 9, 1985
Tuesday, April 13, 2004
Pearl River Community College may reduce the number of personnel.
- Normal attrition will be used when possible.
- Part-time personnel shall be released first, unless needed to maintain an existing program.
- Other considerations that may be used in the reduction of personnel, but not necessarily in this order may include:
- Need to maintain an existing program.
- Personnel Evaluation.
- Seniority: Number of years of service to Pearl River Community College. (A year consists of nine (9) months of continuous full-time service in a fiscal year.)
- Educational Degree.
The effectiveness of the personnel being evaluated shall be supported by written assessment completed by the supervisor(s).
Evaluation should include but not be restricted to:
- Performance in the job as defined by the Job Performance Responsibilities.
- Classroom evaluation by supervisor(s).
- Involvement in helping in extra-curricular activities. Past performance, or lack of it, will be taken into consideration.
- Student evaluation of the teacher and the course.