The Board of Trustees will review and assess all students’ payments and refunds.
- The faculty will recommend any change in fees, payments, rentals, or refunds within the department to program directors or department chairs by December of each year.
- The program directors and department chairs will make their recommendations to the appropriate Vice President in January of each year.
- The Vice President and the Vice President for Business and Administrative Services will recommend to the President any changes in fees, payments, rentals, or refunds by February 1.
- The Vice President for Business and Administrative Services will notify the appropriate Vice President of any changes in assessment of fees, payments, rentals, or refunds.
- The next publication of the College Catalog, faculty handbook, student handbook, and other college publications will reflect the approved changes.
- Students who officially withdraw or cut out of all classes during a semester will have their financial accounts reviewed to determine if adjustments to institutional fees should be made. The institutional refund policy is applied to all students without regard to academic classification or eligibility of Title IV student assistance. The policy is in compliance with the Federal Refund and Federal Pro-Rata guidelines.
- Tuition and fees are assessed at the same rate and manner for all classroom offerings, including distance education courses, off-campus, and weekend and evening courses. All students will receive monthly student account statements by email to their PRCC student email address. Payment may be made by mail or online through the PRCC River Guide website, or in person at the PRCC Business Office, Poplarville or Hattiesburg. Returned checks will result in the cancellation of the student’s schedule and the assessment of a returned check fee to the student’s account. All students may view their student account via the PRCC River Guide web site.
|Fall & Spring Semesters||Percentage Refund||Summer Terms|
|End of 2nd Week||75%||50%|
|End of 3rd Week||50%||0|
|End of 4th Week||25%||0|
|NO REFUND AFTER 4TH WEEK|
|ROOM & BOARD|
|Fall & Spring Semesters Withdrawn by:||Percentage Refund|
|Before Classes Begin||100%|
|SUMMER SEMESTER: NO ROOM AND BOARD REFUNDS|
Appeals for refunds due to extenuating circumstances may be made in writing to the Vice President for Business and Administrative Services, Pearl River Community College, P.O. Box 5060, 101 Highway 11 North, Poplarville, MS 39470. Any refund will be mailed to the student at the address of his/her record.
Payment of Fees
All students are required to pay a minimum of one-third of their total fees by registration of each semester, fall and spring. Summer terms require payment in full of all fees at the beginning of term. Financial aid is applicable to the required one-third minimum payment. Students who register for the Nelnet Automatic Payment Plan will have satisfied the requirement of the one-third minimum payment. The student may register his/her student account on the plan by going to the PRCC website, click on River Guide, select the Student tab, and click on “Sign Up for a Payment Plan.” The Plan is available for fall and spring semesters only.
Refunds of Financial Aid
- Grant refunds (Pell, SEOG) will be made by the tenth week of each semester provided the student was awarded the grant in time to do so. Refunds to late applicants will be made later within the semester.
- Student loan checks received by the College will be applied to outstanding student fees and expenses. Refunds from the student loan checks will be made weekly following the fifth week of classes each semester. Disbursement of additional student loan checks will be made weekly throughout the semester.
- All student financial aid refunds will be disbursed as a direct deposit to the student’s checking or savings account or as a credit to the student’s PayCard account. No paper checks will be issued for student financial aid refunds. Direct deposit forms are available on the PRCC River Guide website. PayCard applications are available in the PRCC Business Office.