The START (Summer Bridge ) Program is a four week intensive program that runs from June 25, 2015—July 23, 2015 . If you are eligible for Student Support Services and accepted for START, there is no tuition fee for the START Program courses; however, students are responsible for other college costs such as books, dorm fees, transportation, etc.
Why Attend the START Program?
START is designed to provide students with opportunities to:
- Bridge the transition from high school and/or work to community college
- Earn up to nine college credits
- Get a “head start” or “jump” on community college life prior to the Fall semester
- Become aware of options available at the community college
- Maximize academic potential
- Increase basic academic skills and preparation for college especially for students with ACTs below 18, or less, in English, Reading, and/or Math
- Improve self-esteem, self-confidence, and motivation
- Plan effectively and set goals
- Study and learn effectively
- Be aware of career choices and pathways at the community college
- Understand the structure, operations, expectations, policies and procedures at the community college
- Possibly decrease the amount of time spent in developmental courses
Complete the following steps to be considered for the START Program:
- Submit a completed and signed admissions application to the PRCC Office of Admissions. Include an official high school or GED test transcript indicating passing with your ACT scores.
- Print a START application or for more information contact the office of Student Support at (601) 403-1469 or (601) 403-1285. Mail or fax the completed application.
Program applications will be reviewed and START students will be selected. Selected students must be accepted and enrolled in the college.