J.A. Huff served as the first President of Pearl River College when the school began offering freshman college courses in 1921. Huff began his tenure in 1917 after Will Jacobs resigned. These pictures were taken around the time that Huff Hall was being completed (c. 1919). This collection of pictures is now permanently displayed in the Pearl River Community College Museum, housed in the south wing of Hancock Hall.
Two unidentified male students stand on the south side porch. The north and south porches were removed and replaced by exterior stairs.
Note the bricks piled in the background. It is believed that these bricks were the remains of the first (original) PRCAHS building, torn down after the fire and replaced by Huff Hall.
Unidentified man takes a drink from a water fountain which stood in front of the south entrance to Jacobs Hall. Huff Hall (south elevation) is in the background. The campus was already a showplace with many modern conveniences including sidewalks.