Pearl River Community College

Change of Major

If you are seeking an academic degree, you will choose one of the 8 pathways (those with AA next to their name) as your major. For more information about the academic pathways, visit

If you are seeking a career or technical degree, you will choose the appropriate program from the list. Please note that your major will be for the highest degree that program offers, even if you plan to earn more than one degree from that program. When applicable, Poplarville students should select the major with “POP” in the name and Hattiesburg students should select the major with “FCC” in the name.

If you need any assistance choosing your major, contact your advisor.

Major change requests submitted once the semester begins may not be processed until the conclusion of that semester. Please DO NOT submit duplicate requests during the semester.

NOTE: This only applies to students enrolled in career or technical programs.