- When can I graduate?
- When is the graduation ceremony?
- What should I do if I changed my mind about participating in the graduation ceremony?
- Can I participate in the graduation ceremony if I still have classes to take to complete my degree?
- Is participation in the graduation ceremony required?
- How many people can I invite to the graduation ceremony?
- How long does the graduation ceremony last?
- What will happen if I arrive to the graduation ceremony without a cap and gown?
- Do I have to order a cap and gown?
- Do I return the cap and gown after the graduation ceremony?
- Can I order a cap and gown from a retailer of my choosing?
- Can I order a cap and gown if I am not participating in the ceremony?
- When will I get my diploma?
- How do I order a replacement diploma?
- Where can I order graduation invitations?
- Where can I order pictures from the graduation ceremony?
- When and where do I apply for graduation?
- What should I do if I need to make changes to my graduation application?
- How many credits are required for graduation?
- Who should I contact to find out what classes will count towards graduation?
- What will happen if I do not meet the graduation requirements for the semester I applied for?
- Where is the graduation office located?
- What is the GPA requirements for Honors and High Honors?
- Who do I contact with questions not answered here?
If you graduated the previous June, August, or December and indicated, on your graduation application, that you wished to march in the May ceremony, you should periodically check the PRCC website for information regarding the upcoming graduation ceremony. Remember to order your cap and gown in advance.
Next graduation ceremony is Friday, May 12th, 2017.
A: If you have changed your mind about participating in the graduation ceremony, you will need to notify the Graduation Clerk. Please send an email to: email@example.com.
A: To participate in the May graduation ceremony you must have finished all course work for your diploma by the end of the Spring semester. Those who must take additional classes after the May graduation ceremony can elect to participate in the following year’s May graduation ceremony.
A: You are not required to participate in the graduation ceremony. Graduates who elect not to participate will be issued a diploma in the weeks following the ceremony.
A: There is no limit to the number of guests you may have at the graduation ceremony.
A: Due to various factors, there is not a set time for the graduation ceremony to end. The ceremony may be shorter or longer each year, depending a great deal on how many graduates elect to participate. Typically, the ceremony takes between 1.5 to 2 hours.
A: In order to participate in the graduation ceremony, you must arrive to the ceremony with a cap and gown. This cap and gown must be ordered from the vendor the college has selected.
A: You must order a cap and gown, from the vendor the college has selected, if you will be participating in the May graduation ceremony. If you do not participate in the ceremony, you are not required to order a cap and gown.
A: The cap and gowns the college has chosen are yours to keep after the ceremony.
A: The college will use one vendor for cap and gowns for each graduation ceremony. Students who wish to participate in the graduation ceremony must order a cap and gown from the vendor the college has selected. Other vendors cannot be used due to the various styles and colors offered by each vendor.
A: Yes, you may order a cap and gown as a keepsake and not participate in the ceremony.
Q: When will I get my diploma?
A: Students will receive an email notifying them of when diplomas will be available to be picked up. Diplomas that are not picked up will be mailed 6-8 weeks after the end of the semester. In the meantime, the official transcript is the record of graduation. A copy of the transcript can be ordered by clicking Request Transcript under Future Students on the PRCC website.
Please note: If the student has holds of some sort (such as unpaid bills in the Business Office or missing paperwork for Admissions) mailing the diploma will be delayed until the hold is satisfied.
A: A replacement diploma fee of $40.00 will be charged to re-issue a diploma to a student. The first step is to call the Graduation Clerk (601.403.1210) to ensure that everything is in order to have the replacement diploma printed. Next, go to the Business Office, make the payment, and obtain a receipt. Finally, go to the office of the Graduation Clerk to have the diploma printed.
Q: Where can I order pictures from the graduation ceremony?
A: The photography company, Candid Campus Photography, Inc., collects contact information for each graduate at the graduation ceremony. Pictures are taken at the ceremony and ordering information is sent to the graduates by regular mail and email shortly after the ceremony. Graduates then place their orders directly with the photography company.
Candid Campus Photography
1400 Franklin Street
Gretna, LA 70053
Q: When and where do I apply for graduation?
A: The PRCC catalog states "A student should apply for graduation one semester prior to the anticipated graduation date."
To apply for graduation, select the Academics link on the PRCC homepage. Under the General Education section, there is a link to apply for graduation. After the student applies for graduation, the Graduation Clerk will process the request. (Allow 48 business hours for processing.) Students can then email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
A: Send an email to email@example.com to notify the Graduation Clerk of any changes.
Q: How many credits are required for graduation?
A: In order to receive either an Associate in Applied Science degree or an Associate in Arts degree a
minimum of twenty-five percent (25%) of the hours applied toward the degree must be completed at Pearl River Community College.
The Associate in Arts degree is awarded to students who meet either of the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 62 semester hours to include the 37 semester hour basic core curriculum and 25 semester hours of transferrable electives (a maximum of four activity hours may be applied toward graduation) and attain an overall grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Complete the first two years of a baccalaureate program of study found in any accredited four year college or university catalog which has become effective since the student began college studies and attain an overall grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
The Associate in Applied Science degree is awarded to a student who completes the prescribed technical course of study in his or her chosen field as outlined in the College Catalog and attains an overall grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
The Certificate of Proficiency is awarded to a student who completes the prescribed career course of study in his or her chosen field as outlined in the College Catalog and attain an overall grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
A: If, at any time, you need help deciding what classes to take, you should contact the counseling center. Poplarville: 601.403.1250 Hattiesburg: 601.554.5493
A: After applying for graduation, you will be notified of your status by the Graduation Clerk. If you are not eligible to graduate and you plan to take more classes and graduate at a later semester, you will need to complete a new graduation application.
A: The office of the Graduation Clerk is located at the Poplarville campus on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building.
A: Students graduate with Special Honors when they have a grade point average of 3.80 ‑ 4.00 for all college hours attempted within their chosen program at Pearl River Community College.
Students graduate with Honors when they have a grade point average of 3.40 ‑ 3.79 for all college hours attempted within their chosen program at Pearl River Community College.
A: Contact the Graduation Clerk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.