Tentative gradation plans for 2020 are below. These plans could change as we learn more about COVID-19 and restrictions on group gatherings.
Wednesday, July 29th - Career/Technical and Allied Health Programs
Thursday, July 30th - Associate in Arts
If you have not ordered your cap and gown, the priority deadline for doing so is June 28th, 2020. The deadline for placing a last-minute order is July 11th, 2020 and the price will include additional charges for express processing and shipping. The website to begin your order is http://www.prcc.edu/academics/graduation/steps. Item number 4 on that page will take you to the order form. The cap and gowns are yours to keep after the graduation ceremony. Each graduate MUST place a cap and gown order, using the link above, in order to participate in the ceremony. Borrowing caps and gowns from previous graduates is not permitted due to changes in vendors, colors, and designs.
NOTE: Graduates ARE permitted to decorate their cap for the ceremony. Graduates are not permitted to add decorations/symbols/monogramming to their gowns.
Important Details Regarding the Day of the Graduation Ceremonies
· The first ceremony will be held on Wednesday, July 29th and will begin at 7p.m. It will include graduates of a career or technical program, including our allied health programs. (see a list of these programs below)
· The second ceremony will be held on Thursday, July 30th and will begin at 7p.m. It will include graduates earning Associate in Arts degrees.
If you have any doubt about which ceremony you should attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ceremonies will be held at the football field, located at 101 Hwy 11 North in Poplarville, MS 39470.
Guests will likely be limited; however, we will provide more information as we know more.
Assembly and Line-up
· Graduates must arrive by 5:45 p.m. (Graduates must be on time.)
We will provide more information regarding where to report as we near the graduation date.
There is no graduation practice.
We recommend that women wear dark shoes with a walking and closed heel. You will be standing for an extended period of time, so choose shoes accordingly. We recommend that men wear a white shirt, tie, dark trousers, dark socks and dark shoes. The only item that may be worn over the gown are honors cords and Phi Theta Kappa stoles.
Honors Cords and Stoles
Students that qualify for honors recognition will be provided, at no charge, cords or stoles at graduation check-in. Students with a degree GPA of 3.40 – 3.79 will receive honors recognition and will be provided with a double
honors cord. Students with a degree GPA of 3.80 – 4.00 will receive special honors recognition and will be provided with a special honors stole.
During the ceremony, a picture will be taken of each graduate. On the day of graduation, you will complete a card with your contact information. This card will be used to call your name at the ceremony and to identify you to the photographer. Approximately five days after the ceremony, you will be notified regarding purchasing your pictures online.
During the Ceremony
Faculty and Staff will be in strategic locations directing graduates when to sit/stand.
Awarding of Diplomas
Students participating in the graduation ceremony will each receive an empty diploma cover during the ceremony. Place your empty diploma cover in your chair after the ceremony.
After the Ceremony
Summer graduates will receive their diplomas in the mail 3-4 weeks following the ceremony. All other graduates will have already recevied their diplomas.
Phi Theta Kappa Members
If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa and wish to wear graduation regalia, you may wear the Honors Stole and Gold Tassel. You may wear either the standard Honors Stole and Gold Tassel or the Centennial Honors Stole and Centennial Honors Tassel. You are NOT permitted to wear the Double Honor Cord or the Key Medallion. Phi Theta Kappa graduation regalia may be purchased directly from the Recognitions Catalog 1-800-946-9995 or at the Recognitions Store online at www.ptk.org.
· Stoles: $ 26.00
· Tassels: $ 10.00
Graduates of the following career/technical programs will attend the July 29th ceremony:
- Accounting Technology
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Automotive Mechanics Technology
- Biomedical Equipment Repair Technology
- Business and Marketing Management Technology
- Business Management Technology
- Computer Networking Technology
- Construction Equipment Operation
- Dental Assisting Technology
- Dental Hygiene Technology
- Drafting and Design Technology
- Early Childhood Education Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Film and Video Production Technology
- HVAC Technology
- Industrial Electronics Technology
- Instrumentation Technology
- Medical Billing and Coding Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Precision Manufacturing and Machining Technology
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care Technology
- Surgical Technology
- Unmanned Aerial Systems Technology
- Utility LIneman Technology
- Welding and Cutting Technology