Next Ceremonies: Friday, May 8th, 2020
If you have not ordered your cap and gown, the priority deadline for doing so is April 10th, 2020. The deadline for placing a last-minute order is April 24th, 2020 and the price will include additional charges for express processing and shipping. The deadline will not be extended past April 24th, 2020. The website to begin your order is http://www.prcc.edu/academics/graduation/steps. Item number four on that page will take you to the order form. The cap and gowns are yours to keep after the graduation ceremony. Each graduate MUST place a cap and gown order, using the link above, in order to participate in the ceremony. Borrowing caps and gowns from previous graduates is not permitted due to changes in vendors, colors, and designs.
NOTE: Graduates ARE permitted to decorate their cap for the ceremony. Graduates are not permitted to add decorations/symbols/monogramming to their gowns.
Important Details Regarding the Day of the Graduation Ceremonies
This year two graduation ceremonies will be held on Friday, May 8th, 2020.
· The first ceremony will begin at 9:30a.m. and will include graduates of a career or technical program, including our allied health programs. (see a list of these programs below)
· The second ceremony will begin at 1:30p.m. and will include graduates earning Associate in Arts degrees.
If you have any doubt about which ceremony you should attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ceremonies will be held at the Marvin R. White Coliseum, located at 101 Hwy 11 North in Poplarville, MS 39470.
Guests will not be limited this year; however, seating will be claimed on a first come, first serve basis.
Assembly and Line-up
· 9:30a.m. Ceremony – Graduates must arrive by 8:15 a.m. (Graduates must be on time.)
· 1:30p.m. Ceremony – Graduates must arrive by 12:15 p.m. (Graduates must be on time.)
Report to the maroon tent outside of the Coliseum. Check-in and receive items such as honor cords.
There is no graduation practice.
We recommend that women wear dark shoes with a walking and closed heel. You will be standing for an extended period of time, so choose shoes accordingly. We recommend that men wear a white shirt, tie, dark trousers, dark socks and dark shoes. The only item that may be worn over the gown are honors cords and Phi Theta Kappa stoles.
Honors Cords and Stoles
Students that qualify for honors recognition will be provided, at no charge, cords or stoles at graduation check-in. Students with a degree GPA of 3.40 – 3.79 will receive honors recognition and will be provided with a double
honors cord. Students with a degree GPA of 3.80 – 4.00 will receive special honors recognition and will be provided with a special honors stole.
During the ceremony, a picture will be taken of each graduate. On the day of graduation, you will complete a card with your contact information. This card will be used to call your name at the ceremony and to identify you to the photographer. Approximately five days after the ceremony, you will be notified regarding purchasing your pictures online.
During the Ceremony
Faculty and Staff will be in strategic locations directing graduates when to sit/stand.
Awarding of Diplomas
Students participating in the graduation ceremony will each receive an empty diploma cover during the ceremony. If you were a Summer or Fall graduate and have already received your diploma, place your empty diploma cover in your chair after the ceremony.
After the Ceremony
May graduates return to the maroon tent to collect your diploma. (Prior to the day of the ceremony, I encourage you to check the status of your account with the Business Office. You will not receive your diploma or a transcript until your account has been cleared.)
Phi Theta Kappa Members
If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa and wish to wear graduation regalia, you may wear the Honors Stole and Gold Tassel. You may wear either the standard Honors Stole and Gold Tassel or the Centennial Honors Stole and Centennial Honors Tassel. You are NOT permitted to wear the Double Honor Cord or the Key Medallion. Phi Theta Kappa graduation regalia may be purchased directly from the Recognitions Catalog 1-800-946-9995 or at the Recognitions Store online at www.ptk.org.
· Stoles: $ 26.00
· Tassels: $ 10.00
Graduates of the following career/technical programs will attend the 9:30a.m. ceremony:
- Accounting Technology
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Automotive Mechanics Technology
- Biomedical Equipment Repair Technology
- Business and Marketing Management Technology
- Business Management Technology
- Computer Networking Technology
- Construction Equipment Operation
- Dental Assisting Technology
- Dental Hygiene Technology
- Drafting and Design Technology
- Early Childhood Education Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Film and Video Production Technology
- HVAC Technology
- Industrial Electronics Technology
- Instrumentation Technology
- Medical Billing and Coding Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Precision Manufacturing and Machining Technology
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care Technology
- Surgical Technology
- Unmanned Aerial Systems Technology
- Utility LIneman Technology
- Welding and Cutting Technology