Phi Theta Kappa is the official honor society for two-year colleges, as recognized by the American Association of Community Colleges.
The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.
Phi Theta Kappa's mission is two-fold:
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
- Iota Mu located on the Poplarville Campus
- Beta Tau Gamma located at the Forrest County Center in Hattiesburg (www.facebook.com/betataugamma)
Benefits of Joining Phi Theta Kappa:
- Transfer scholarships
- Travel opportunities
- Leadership opportunities
- Service opportunities
- Opportunities to make life-long friends and connections - just to name a few!
How to Join:
- Complete 12 hours of college credit from our institution
- Secure at least a 3.4 GPA
- We'll send you an invitation
- Go to www.ptk.org and accept your membership.