June 7, 2022
Time - 5 pm
Kaplan Entrance Exam
February 4, 11, 18, 25
Time - 9 am
Registration Opens - December 1st until all seats are filled
Application Period Open:
July 1st to October 1st For Spring Admission
December 1st to March 1st For Fall Admission
Location(s) of Program: Poplarville Campus & Forest County Center
Brief Description of Program: The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program at PRCC is designed to prepare graduates for a challenging and satisfying career as a registered nurse. The ADN program offers three options. Once accepted into the program, the Traditional ADN and the LPN to ADN Day options begin each fall and spring semester on the Poplarville campus. Once accepted into the Traditional ADN option, the option is four semesters in length. The LPN to ADN Day option is three semesters. The LPN to ADN Evening option begins every fall at the Forrest County Center and is three semesters in length. The curriculum includes a balance of nursing and general educational courses. Students have the opportunity to apply nursing theory and skills in the simulation/skills lab and in a variety of healthcare agencies. Clinical settings include hospitals located within the six counties the college serves as well as clinics, long-term care facilities, physician offices, rehabilitation centers, and K-12 schools.
A graduate of the ADN program is conferred the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree and is eligible to write for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) to become a registered nurse. After achieving licensure as a registered nurse, the associate degree nurse is able to practice in diverse healthcare settings and to advance in knowledge through practice and education.
The Associate Degree Nursing program at Pearl River Community College is–
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the ADN program is Continuing Accreditation.
View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at
- Approved by the Mississippi Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning (MS IHL)
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211
Telephone: (601) 432-6486
The ADN program at PRCC meets the state education requirements for a registered nursing license in the state of Mississippi. Pearl River Community College has not determined if the ADN Program meets the state education requirements in any other state, any U.S. Territory, or the District of Columbia.
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
- Mississippi State Board of Nursing (MSBN)
Essential Requirements of a person in this career field:
- Ability to meet Core Performance Standards: Critical Judgment, Communication, Interpersonal Reactions, Mobility - Physical Strength & Stamina, Motor Skills, and Senses – Auditory, Olfactory, Tactile, & Visual.
- PRCC student online application
- ADN online Interest Survey
- Copy of Driver's License
- Copy of ACT score
- Copy of transcript(s) from all colleges previously attended; including PRCC
- Copy of high school transcript from an accredited high school or GED test score, if never attended college.
- Copy of Entrance Exam score
- Completed Criminal Background Check (CBC) questionnaire
- If applicable, a letter from the dean or director of any ADN or BSN program attended stating date of eligibility to return. Note: If not eligible for immediate return, the waiting period is three (3) years from exit date to apply.
- If applicable, a copy of current unencumbered Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license and a completed LPN Employer Verification form.
Contact Information for this Program:
Possible Careers in this field: Registered nurses are able to have careers in many areas of healthcare including but not limited to practice, education, advance practice, public policy, research, and judiciary.
What a student can expect from a career in this field: Students can expect to be challenged physically, mentally, and spiritually in this career and still find fulfillment in aiding patients and their families at a time when they are most vulnerable.
Possible earnings of jobs in this career field: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (May, 2020), the current national annual median wage is $80,010 with hourly median wage at $38.47. In Mississippi, the current annual mean wage is $61,250 with hourly mean wage at $29.45.
Mission of the Program: The ADN program at PRCC is committed to instruct students in the art and science of nursing, to prepare graduates for successful passage of the NCLEX-RN exam, and to provide students with the skills necessary to practice as entry-level registered nurses in diverse healthcare settings.
Goals of the Program: Upon completion of the program, the PRCC-ADN graduate will have achieved the following End-of-Program Student Learning Outcomes (EPSLOs):
- Deliver quality, safe and effective patient-centered care.
- Apply the nursing process while delivering care that encompasses the needs and culture preferences of the patient through advocacy, caring, and communication.
- Demonstrate leadership and professionalism through delegation, prioritization, teaching/learning, and critical thinking – taking into account any ethical or legal implications.
- Utilize evidence-based practice to guide nursing care through understanding of inclusivity and the needs of the patient throughout the lifespan.
- Collaborate with inter-professional healthcare teams to provide patient-centered care through communication and documentation.