First-time freshmen! I have never attended college anywhere.
Complete the application for admission.
- Request an official transcript from your high school indicating graduation date, GPA, Official signature and school seal.
GED completers must indicate GED on the Application. If the GED was taken outside the state of MS, official scores should be sent directly from the out-of-state GED office.
- ACT scores are required. Students may contact the Counseling center at 601-403-1250 to schedule ACT testing or COMPASS placement testing. If ACT has been taken previously, but scores not sent to PRCC, scores can be obtained at www.act.org.
After you've gain acceptance, there are a few more things to do for enrollment.
- Complete an Orientation Session
- View our online orientation
- Call the Orientation Office at (601) 403-1197 for information concerning face-to-face orientation options.
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov (PRCC School Code: 002430)
- Apply for MTAG online at www.mississippi.edu/riseupms/financialaid-state.php
- Apply for Scholarships
- Visit the Financial Aid Office in the Administration Building for assistance
- Meet with an Advisor to Register for Classes
Congratulations! With all that done, you can consider yourself officially enrolled at Pearl River. Now there are a few other things to take care of before classes start.
- Go to the Business Office in the Administration Building
- Confirm financial aid and/or enrollment in the Nelnet Payment Plan
- Pick up your PRCC Student ID
- Complete the Vehicle Registration Form and Pay $20 for Parking Decal
- Pick Up Parking Decal from Campus Police
- Must have Completed Vehicle Registration Form from the Business Office
- Valid Driver’s License, Proof of Auto Insurance, and Tag Number
- Purchase Textbooks in Crosby Hall
- Must have PRCC Student ID and Class Schedule
- Must have a Copy of Student Profile if taking Classes Online (Pick up in the Office of eLearning, 2nd floor of the Administration Building)
- Need a Dorm Room?