RN - Nurse Residency Program (for new grads) (req num: 10042) Emergency STPH Covington, LA
- Night shift This comprehensive 14-week Nurse Residency Program is designed to assist new RNs with making a smooth transition into a designated Critical Care Unit. The purpose is to provide an ongoing supply of new nurse professionals with the skills to deliver and maintain the high-quality of patient care required for employment at St. Tammany Parish Hospital. The program is scheduled to begin July 9, 2018 and will end on October 13, 2018.
Candidates selected for the Program will be hired full-time with benefits. Upon completion of the 14-week program, all Residents with satisfactory performance will assume a full-time staff position on a Critical Care unit. ACLS is required prior to completion of the RN Critical Care Residency and must be completed prior to caring for any critical care patient independently.
Program Qualifications include:
• Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, preferably a BSN program with up to but no more than six (6) months of acute care experience.
• Candidates must be eligible for, and/or passed, the NCLEX to obtain permanent R.N. licensure prior to July 9, 2018.
• Current BLS from the American Heart Association.
• Have no more than 6 months of experience in an acute hospital setting as a Registered Nurse.
• Must commit to full-time employment during the entire 14-weeks of the program schedule.
Residents will be assigned to a designated Preceptor to shadow during the program and therefore, will be expected to work 12-hour shifts rotating nights, days, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must possess good physical health. Some requirements include but are not limited to standing, sitting or walking for long periods of time. Lifting at least 50 pounds is required. Must be able to work with a moderate level of noise.
Physical Effort required: Constant (67%-100%) - seeing
Frequently (34%-66%) - lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, reaching, handling/feeling, talking, hearing
Occasionally (1%-33%) - climbing (stairs, ladders, etc.), stooping, crouching
St. Tammany Parish Hospital is a full-service acute care facility committed to providing world-class healthcare while using the latest technology. We are the second-largest employer in the parish and have been delivering quality healthcare since 1954. St. Tammany Parish Hospital partnered with Ochsner Health System in 2014 and together we are focused on increasing local access to care, improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare for area patients.
Contact : Shannon McNeely
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : 985-898-4607
Fax : 985-898-4360
Address : Shannon McNeely 1202 S. Tyler Street, Covington LA