Program at a Glance
Computer networks enable computers to talk to one another allowing users to share computer resources. Computer networks have become the backbone of every business, education, and government institution that uses computers. Computer network professionals create and support networks to ensure they operate efficiently and securely.
- Computer Network Support Technology program is a two-year program of study which offers training in telecommunications, network administration and client/ server systems.
- The curriculum will prepare students to support end users and to successfully trouble-shoot operating systems, user desktop environments, and/or local area and wide area net-works.
- The program is designed to prepare students to achieve certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, Network+, and A+.
- The Associate of Applied Science Degree will be awarded upon successful completion of the Computer Networking Technology curriculum.
What can I expect from a career in Computer Networking?
- According to the US Department of Labor’s Occupational Outlook Handbook, the explosive use of computers has created a high demand for specialists to provide for day-to-day administration, maintenance, and support of computer systems and networks.
- Computer network support specialists are projected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations and add 286,600 new jobs over the 2008-18 decade.
For additional career information: Department of Labor Occupational Outlook: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/