Updated August 17, 2021 2:16 pm
Pearl River Community College has adopted a “Go Far Together” campaign to increase awareness of the need to be compassionate and caring of all in the Wildcat Community. So, together, we can safely navigate the obstacles set before us by COVID-19. As new information about COVID-19 is being released, we will be updating the Wildcat Community with our four-level COVID operation system.
The PRCC COVID-19 Campus Plan has been developed to enable PRCC students and employees to return to a college environment that is as normal as possible, while still taking precautions to keep our students, employees, and visitors safe and healthy. We want to ensure that everyone understands their roles and responsibilities. PRCC leadership has received input from a wide array of medical and health professionals and guidance from state authorities. In addition to the above operational levels, all local, state, and federal guidelines will be implemented as directed.
To learn more about the PRCC COVID-19 levels, please read below.
Green is the lowest level of emergency operation. This level encourages handwashing and proper hygiene, as well as proper cleaning of personal work areas in addition to the standard protocols.
- Masks are optional but encouraged indoors and when in close contact with others.
Yellow represents an enhanced threat. This level encourages social distancing and requires masks for all PRCC indoor facilities, in addition to the standard protocols.
- Masks are required inside all PRCC buildings.
- Recommended modified campus events to include enhanced COVID-19 safety protocols
Purple represents a heightened COVID-19 threat. This level requires social distancing, masks for all facilities, altered classroom and employee working patterns, and limited access to campus for students, faculty, staff, and visitors in addition to the standard protocols.
- Masks are required at all PRCC facilities
- Social distancing is required for all indoor and outdoor activities
- Modified learning models implemented (virtual and hybrid)
- Modified employee work schedules (virtual and hybrid)
- Reduced capacity inside all indoor spaces
- Limited in-person on-campus events
- All sporting events will operate according to the PRCC guidelines
- Limited public access to campus facilities
Red represents the highest level of COVID-19 threat. Level Red would require all in-person operations to stop, in addition to the standard protocols.
- Masks are required indoors at all PRCC facilities
- All campus access would be stopped until further notice
- All on-campus housing residents would be required to vacate campus housing
- The virtual learning model would be implemented for all courses
- Virtual work from home would be in place for designated employees
- Permission is required for any entrance and exit to campus
Required reporting of possible contacts and confirmed COVID-19 infections by completing our COVID Reporting Form