Pearl River Community College is providing this webpage for transparency related to information on funding, expenditures, and reporting concerning all funds received by the college from the U.S. Government due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Pearl River Community College signed an agreement with the United States Department of Education to accept funds as part of the CARES Act. Pearl River Community College agreed to use no less than 50% of funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act which provides emergency financial aid relief grants to eligible students due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pearl River Community College agrees to follow the guidelines set forth for reporting by the U.S. Department of Education and each section of reports includes information pertaining to the following sections.
1. An acknowledgment that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used the applicable amount of funds designated under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
2. The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution's Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the initial report and every calendar quarter thereafter).
4. The estimated total number of students at the institution that are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
6. The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
7. Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
For more information regarding reporting, please email email@example.com.