Scheduling a Proctored Exam
Online students are responsible for clicking the Proctoring button in their online course to schedule a proctored exam. This should be done as early in the semester as possible to ensure a date/time that works best for the student's schedule.
All online courses require between 1-3 proctored exams, and exam dates are posted in each course. For instructions about how to use SmarterProctoring, please view the resources below.
Contact Information for PRCC Proctor Centers:
- Poplarville Proctor Center | email@example.com | 601.403.1337
- Forrest County Center Proctor Center | firstname.lastname@example.org | 601.554.5475
- Hancock Center (limited dates and times each semester) | 228.252.7001
PRCC Proctor Centers Hours:
Fall & Spring Semester Proctoring:
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Summer Semester Proctoring:
Monday-Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 pm.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
PRCC Hancock Center tests on Monday and Wednesday each week during Fall/Spring semesters.
PRCC Math Labs:
Poplarville Math Lab Hours:
If you are taking a PRCC online math course, view the testing dates and times within your course in Canvas.
Out-Of-State Proctor Requests:
If you live outside of the state of Mississippi, you have two options for testing:
- Virtual Testing -- Schedule your exam as normal through the SmarterProctoring button in your class, but select the Virtual Proctor. Please ask your instructor for permission to use the virtual proctor if it is not available. This service typically charges $15-30 per exam, and requires the student to have a webcam and microphone.
- Off-Campus Proctor Request -- If you live outside of Mississippi, you can test at your local college or university. Fill out the following form (proctor fills out the top portion/student fills out the bottom portion). The completed form can be emailed to email@example.com, along with a copy of the proctor's school-issued picture ID card . Allow 24-48 hours for approval. Once the request is approved/denied, eLearning will e-mail both the student and the proctor. Off-Campus Proctor Request