Listed below are opportunities for employment at Pearl River Community College including the job position, description, a printable application, and contact information. If you wish to apply for a position, print and fill out the application and mail it to the address printed on the application. Be sure to read the application carefully and submit the required documents. Be sure to use the appropriate application.
PRCC is now accepting applications for the position of Instructor of Practical Nursing (12 mos)(FCC). This is a 12 month position located on the Forrest County Center Campus. For more information, contact Susan Bedwell, Department of Practical Nursing (FCC) at 601-554-5536 or email@example.com. The deadline to apply is Monday, July 28, 2014.
PRCC is now accepting applications for the position of Head Resident of Moody Hall Dormitory (Women) is now available. For information on this position, please contact Maghan James at 601-403-1253 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply for this position is Tuesday, July 29, 2014.
Pearl River Community College is now accepting applications for the position of Instructor of Mathematics (Full-time, Poplarville Campus). Applicants must possess a master’s degree in mathematics plus 18 graduate hours of mathematics. For further information, contact Ms. Karen Bond, Department Chair for Science, Mathematics, and Business, at email@example.com. The deadline to apply for this position is August 1, 2014. The PRCC Instructor’s Application is downloadable at this site.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Director of Training and Professional Development
Salary: Commensurate with education, training and experience
DIRECTOR OF TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Characteristics of Work:
This is a professional position that will work with the Assistant Executive Director for eLearning and Instructional Technology. The position is charged with innovating and maintaining a system of support, training, and professional development programs in the areas of eLearning. The position will assist with systems and software management and development work closely with college eLearning personnel, work to integrate and expand the interactivity of all distance education methodologies, and will assist in project implementation. The position will be responsible for creating and delivering training to the 15 colleges on software applications, distance education pedagogy, and other programmatic developments. The position is also charged with maintenance and design of many MCCB eLearning websites as well as the creation and modification of graphics and logos pertaining to eLearning for the MSVCC and the colleges. Responsibilities also include planning, directing, assessing, and
reporting of activities in a manner that assures quality results.
Examples of Work: The following examples are intended only as illustrations of the various tasks performed by the incumbent in this position. These
examples are not meant to be exhaustive; they are representative of the general functions of this position.
- Identifies, develops, coordinates, and provides necessary statewide faculty, administrative, and/or support staff training pertaining to eLearning and online pedagogy.
- Develops new support mechanisms for peer-to-peer faculty sharing and best practices for instruction and publicizes those mechanisms throughout the state through presentations, written marketing pieces, and coordination with the MCCB Director of Communications.
- Works closely with the colleges’ eLearning Trainers in developing and supporting new professional development programs, methodologies, and modes for delivery.
- Works with and supports the colleges’ eLearning Coordinators.
- Assists in maintaining and enhancing the learning management systems used to support the 15 community colleges and the Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC) consortium.
- Researches, analyzes, and articulates short-term and long-term vision internally, and externally with the colleges, to sustain and grow programs of quality.
- Develops and maintains web pages, multimedia sites and other web based resources using HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, and other web publishing tools.
- Recommends procurement of software applications utilized for eLearning.
- Creates, maintains, and distributes all training materials that will be delivered face-to-face and online to college personnel.
- Represents the agency through oral and written communications and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: A master’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university with a minimum of 5 years experience in a community college environment with experience in distance education and curriculum, instruction, and effective uses of technology in education.
Preferred Qualifications: A thorough knowledge of learning management systems specifically Canvas, five years experience teaching online courses, certification in online instruction, experience in the development and delivery of training materials, demonstrated proficiency and understanding of instructional design and online pedagogy, and an advanced technical aptitude with databases, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, emerging web site technologies, and web publishing.
Application Procedure: To be considered, interested applicants must submit a complete application file, to include:
- Mississippi Community College Board application (available here: http://www.mccb.edu/pdfs/fn/MCCBemploymentapplication.pdf);
- Cover letter
- College transcripts
- Three letters of reference written for this specific position.
Applicants should also acquaint themselves with the MCCB’s background screening requirements, available here: http://www.mccb.edu/pdfs/fn/backgroundcheckletter.pdf.
Review of complete application files will begin August 12, 2014 and will continue until position is filled. For more information contact:
Shana Hansen firstname.lastname@example.org
MS Community College Board
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211