POLICY OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Tuesday, June 10, 1997
Tuesday, October 13, 1998
Pearl River Community College requires students to meet specific guidelines to reside in college
College Housing: Holden Hall, Moody Hall, Huff, Lamar, Hancock, Pearl River, and Forrest Hall.
- A student must be enrolled full-time (12 semester hours or more) to live in college housing.
- A student must maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined below to reside in college housing.
HOURS ATTEMPTED FOR GPA 0-24 25-36 37 & above
MINIMUM CUMULATIVE GPA 1.5 1.75 2.0
- If a student fails to meet the above requirements, he/she is placed on probation for one semester. If student does not remove deficiency during the probationary semester, he/she will be suspended from residency in college housing for a minimum of one semester or until the deficiency is removed.
- A student may appeal dismissal from college housing by doing so in writing to the Assistant Dean for Student Life (the appeal must be within 3 days of dismissal with sufficient justification given).
- A student must be seventeen years of age or older to reside in college housing.