POLICY OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Tuesday, November 11, 1980
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Pearl River Community College will periodically evaluate all personnel.
- Schedule of Evaluations
- Faculty, staff, and administrators who have been employed at Pearl River Community College for fewer than six years will be evaluated annually.
- Faculty, staff, and administrators who have been employed at Pearl River Community College for six or more years will be evaluated at least every three years.
- All personnel can be evaluated as often as needed if there are concerns regarding their performance, if required by accrediting agencies, or if there are other needs as determined by the supervisor.
- Evaluation of Faculty
- The department chair or other appropriate administrator is responsible for the evaluation of each instructor according to the approved schedule.
- The department chair’s evaluation may be based on the course syllabus, analysis of test items, classroom records, student evaluations, observation of classroom and/or laboratory instruction, summary of peer evaluation (if available), and satisfactory execution of job description.
- Each instructor will be provided with a written assessment of the instructor’s overall job performance and with a plan of improvement as needed.
- Evaluation of Staff
- Each staff member will be evaluated by his/her supervisor.
- Each staff member will be provided with a written assessment of his/her overall job performance and with a plan of improvement as needed.
- Evaluation of Administrators and Supervisors
- Administrators and supervisors will evaluate, according to the approved schedule, the personnel under their direction as listed on the organizational chart. All administrators will be evaluated, according to the schedule, by the personnel they supervise.
- The President will evaluate the personnel under his direction as listed on the organizational chart. The President will be evaluated by the Board of Trustees and by the personnel he supervises.
- Each administrator and supervisor will be provided with a written assessment of his/her overall job performance and with a plan of improvement as needed