The Board of Trustees may permit the use of College facilities by the public.
The use of all College facilities and grounds must be approved by the Dean of Student Services Office at least seven (7) days in advance of the event.
- Application forms are available at the Student Services Office. Before completing forms, please check available dates. These forms must be completed and signed before the booking is confirmed.
- Payment is to be made at the Business Office for all related fees. Schedule I attached to these regulations gives the charges by classification for use of the facilities. Information concerning custodial services is contained on those forms. Two hours of heating or cooling will be furnished by the College prior to the beginning of the event without charge. Request for additional heating or cooling will be charged at the hourly rate. A receipt showing proof of payment must be presented to the Student Services Office before booking is confirmed.
- College activities have first priority in the use of all facilities. In the event that a conflict should develop, the right is reserved to cancel the reservation at least seven (7) days in advance of the scheduled date. Renting organizations may cancel confirmed reservations without penalty up to eight (8) hours in advance of beginning time. Any cost incurred by the College through tardy cancellation notification must be paid by the renter.
- Tables, chairs, microphones, special lighting, pianos, or other College equipment may be used and are included in the per hour cost. Only a qualified College employee will be allowed to operate the sound and lighting system.
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- The renter of College facilities must assume full responsibility for any damages to the property or loss of equipment.
- The renter of College facilities will be legally responsible for all claims by a person or persons filing claims for any personal injury, property damage or loss on College grounds or in the College building during the period the College facilities are being rented.
- Pearl River Community College reserves the right to determine the classification of any group or organization using a College facility.
- Pearl River Community College reserves the right to deny rental permission of use of College facilities if and when deemed necessary.
- A Certificate of Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 naming Pearl River Community College as the certificate holder must be provided by the renter at the time of application.
CHARGES BY CLASSIFICATION FOR USE OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Charges will be made by the hour for full hours (any fraction of time over ½ hour will constitute a full hour) for the time the facility is open and includes utilities, custodial services, and a supervisory fee. Custodial services are optional. However, the facility must be cleaned to its original condition by the user. The College Maintenance Supervisor must be called to inspect the facility no later than 8:00 a.m. the next working day following the event. All facilities will be rented for a minimum of four (4) hours.
Meetings by for-profit or non-profit groups not associated with the College or not associated with meal functions will not be held in the Cafeteria unless prior approval is obtained from the President. All events scheduled for any group in the Cafeteria, or any where else on campus, will be placed on the master schedule in the Office of the Dean of Student Services and shared with security personnel employed by the College.
|Per Hour with Custodial Services||Per Hour without Custodial Services|
|T. D. "Dobie Holden" Stadium and Field:|
|Non-Profit Organizations Class 1a and 1b||$ 90||$ 40|
|Non-Profit Organizations Class 1c||50||35|
|For-Profit Organizations Class 2||360||160|
- Non-Profit Organizations:
- Community interest programs for local citizens at which no admissions are charged.
- Community interest programs for PRCC students at which no admissions are charged.
- Community interest programs for local citizens and/or PRCC students at which admissions are charged will pay a fee of $10 or more.
- For-Profit Organizations:
Any program or promotion by any individual or group at which admissions are charged for profit making or through a non-profit organization as a benefit or a fund raising project will be charged at four (4) times the regular rate for non-profit organizations.
- Use of the Cafeteria will be by agreement with the Cafeteria Manager at rates to be determined by the Manager and confirmed by the College.
- The Cafeteria Manager will notify the Office of Student Services of events scheduled for after normal operating hours and weekends