The Office of Financial Aid is dedicated to helping students and families reach educational and career goals through the various financial aid programs available at Pearl River Community College. Financial aid helps students and their families pay for college and is available through a variety of federal, state and institutional programs. Students may receive assistance through scholarships, grants, loans, and/or part-time employment.
The 2021-2022 FAFSA is online at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. Students planning to attend PRCC beginning the Fall 2021 semester should complete this application.
The 2020-2021 FAFSA will continue to be used for the Spring and Summer 2021 semesters.
The Summer Financial Aid Application will be available in RiverGuide beginning Monday, March 29th. Click here for instructions on how to complete the application.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING AUTHORIZED AID FOR SPRING 2021
All forms of aid have been disbursed for Spring 2021 and you can see the payments on your RiverGuide home page in the "My Finances" section. Some forms of aid may still be awaiting disbursement (for example, if you have classes starting later in the semester some aid may not pay until after the class begins).
To see your authorized financial aid for any semester:
- Click on the "Wildcat Web" icon at the top of the RiverGuide home page
- Click on the link "My Account by Term"
- Select the term you want to view
- You will then be able to see both your semester semester charges and your authorized financial aid so that you can determine if your financial aid covers your bill
- If "Current Due net of Authorized Financial Aid" has an amount listed, you owe that amount. If the amount is $0, you do not have to make any payments
How to complete Terms & Conditions and view your award in RiverGuide
- Click on the "Accept/Decline Award" button on the RiverGuide home page
- Select the 2020-2021aid year and click Submit
- Click on the "Terms and Conditions" tab
- Read the Terms and Conditions statements
- Click "Accept"
- The "Accept Award Offer" tab will now be available for you to click on and view
- You may accept or decline student loans. You do not have to accept Pell grants, state aid, or scholarships - those are automatically accepted for you.
Financial aid staff is available to answer questions about the application process and understanding the policies. Although the main financial aid office is located at the Poplarville campus, staff at the Forrest County and Hancock Centers can answer general questions for students. You may call or visit the main campus at:
Pearl River Community College
Office of Financial Aid
1st Floor, Administration Building
101 Highway 11 North, P.O. Box 5120
Poplarville, MS 39470
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Main PRCC Number: (601) 403-1000
Main Financial Aid Number: (601) 403-1029
Financial Aid Fax Number: (601) 403-1036
Financial Aid E-mail Address: email@example.com
PRCC Website: www.prcc.edu
Director of Financial Aid - Tyia Brooks (B.S. - University of Southern Mississippi; M.Ed. - University of Southern Mississippi)
Assistant Director of Financial Aid - Jaime Missimer (B.B.A. - Loyola University New Orleans; M.A. Higher Education Administration - Louisiana State University)
Work Study/Scholarship/State Aid Specialist - Sarah Smith
Financial Aid Specialist - Becky Stuart
Financial Aid Counselor - A'Kendal Woodard
Federal Student Aid
PRCC School Code: 002430
State Financial Aid