The Office of Financial Aid is dedicated to helping students and families reach educational and career goals through the various financial aid programs available at Pearl River Community College. Financial aid helps students and their families pay for college and is available through a variety of federal, state and institutional programs. Students may receive assistance through scholarships, grants, loans, and/or part-time employment.
1) Please do not visit or call our office until further notice. You may e-mail us at email@example.com if you have questions regarding your financial aid. We ask that you provide your student ID number for faster service
2) The Office of Financial Aid does NOT process refunds or direct deposit information. If you have a question concerning your refund or direct deposit, please contact the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) We will be paying all work-study students for hours they were scheduled to work. We ask that work-study students DO NOT REPORT TO WORK at this time.
The 2020-2021 FAFSA is now online at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. Students planning to attend PRCC beginning the Fall 2020 semester should complete this application.
If you plan to attend PRCC in the Summer 2020 semester, you should complete the current 2019-2020 application. The deadline for the 2019-2020 FAFSA is June 30, 2020.
If you plan to attend PRCC during the Summer 2020 semester, you must complete the Summer Financial Aid Application in RiverGuide. Click here for instructions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SUMMER FINANCIAL AID
Summer financial aid is now authorized and the Business Office has assessed charges. You cannot see your authorized financial aid on the RiverGuide home page, but you can see your charges.
To see your authorized financial aid for the summer semester:
- Click on the "Wildcat Web" icon at the top of the RiverGuide home page
- Click on the "Student" tab
- Click on the "Student Account" link
- Click on the "Account Detail for Term" link
- Select the Summer 2020 term
- You will then be able to see both your summer charges and your authorized financial aid so that you can determine if your financial aid covers your bill
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING FALL 2020 FINANCIAL AID
- Student loans will be offered to all eligible students in JULY
- The Business Office will send billing statements to enrolled students in JULY
- The Office of Financial Aid will begin reviewing verification documents in JUNE
Financial aid staff is available to answer questions about the application process and understanding the policies. Although the main financial aid office is located at the Poplarville campus, staff at the Forrest County and Hancock Centers can answer general questions for students. You may call or visit the main campus at:
Pearl River Community College
Office of Financial Aid
1st Floor, Administration Building
101 Highway 11 North, P.O. Box 5120
Poplarville, MS 39470
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Main PRCC Number: (601) 403-1000
Main Financial Aid Number: (601) 403-1029
Financial Aid Fax Number: (601) 403-1036
Financial Aid E-mail Address: email@example.com
PRCC Website: www.prcc.edu
Director of Financial Aid - Tyia Brooks (B.S. - University of Southern Mississippi; M.Ed. - University of Southern Mississippi)
Assistant Director of Financial Aid - Jaime Missimer (B.B.A. - Loyola University New Orleans; M.A. Higher Education Administration - Louisiana State University)
Work Study/Scholarship/State Aid Specialist - Sarah Smith
Financial Aid Specialist - Becky Stuart
Data Management Coordinator - Katerria Grice
Federal Student Aid
PRCC School Code: 002430
State Financial Aid