As a student consumer, you have a right to:
- Know how financial need was determined
- Know how financial aid will be disbursed
- Request an explanation of offered aid in the financial aid package
- Refuse any aid offered
- Request an explanation of PRCC’s refund policy
- Know what portion of financial aid must be repaid and what portion is a grant. If a loan has been offered and accepted, have the right to know the interest rate and loan repayment options and procedures
- Examine the contents of aid records provided a written request is made to PRCC's Financial Aid Office. Students may not review confidential records submitted by parents without the written consent of the parent whose information has been submitted.
As a student financial aid consumer, you have a responsibility to:
- Complete all requested forms accurately
- Use all financial aid received solely for expenses related to attending PRCC
- Submit in a timely manner all additional documentation requested by the Financial Aid Office
- Enroll for the required number of credit hours governing each aid program
- Understand the rules and conditions for any financial aid awards received
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling the first time a loan is received at PRCC
- Reapply for financial aid each academic year
- Inform PRCC Office of Financial Aid promptly of changes in enrollment status
Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet is used to notify students about their financial aid package. It is a standardized form that simplifies the information that prospective students receive about costs and financial aid so that they can easily compare the information to other institutions in order to make informed decisions about where to attend school.
To view the Financial Aid Shopping Sheet, go to www.prcc.edu. Log into to River Guide. Select the Wildcat Web and then click on Financial Aid under the Self Service menu. Choose the Financial Aid Shopping Sheet link to view information about your award and cost.