Service Scholarships at Pearl River Community College provide financial assistance for students who participate in a variety of campus activities and organizations.
- BAND — Marching band (including color guard), concert band, and jazz band scholarships are available. Contact band directors, Mike Bass at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-403-1168 or Jerry Pickering at email@example.com or 601-403-1472, or contact the Department of Fine Arts at 601-403-1438 for audition information and scholarship amounts.
- STRING OF PEARLS — Dance team scholarships are available. Contact the String of Pearls director, Kara Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the Department of Fine Arts at 601-403-1438 for audition information and amounts.
- THEATER — Theater scholarships are available. Contact the theater instructor, Christopher Flynn at email@example.com or 601-403-1172, or contact the Department of Fine Arts at 601-403-1438 for audition information and amounts.
- CHEERLEADER — Scholarship is $250 to full tuition per semester. Contact Sarah Smith, Cheerleader Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- MASCOT — Scholarship is $250 to full tuition per semester. Contact Sarah Smith, Cheerleader Coach at email@example.com for more information.
- POP CHOIR — Scholarship is $400 per semester. Beginning in the Fall 2019 semester, students may sign up for Pop Choir without an audition, but they MUST audition in order to receive the scholarship. For information about Pop Choir, PRCC Singers and Voices contact LaDona Tyson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-403-1272 or contact the Department of Fine Arts at 601-403-1438.
- PRCC SINGERS — Scholarship is the value of three-quarters of regular tuition per semester. Audition is required.
- VOICES — Scholarship is the value of three-quarters of regular tuition per semester. Audition is required.
- ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIP — Contact the Head Coach of each respective area of athletics at PRCC regarding scholarship availability.
- STUDENT ATHLETIC TRAINING - The Athletic Training Profession is a rapidly growing profession in a variety of environments which include: secondary schools, law enforcement, industries, and the military. At Pearl River Community College, student athletic trainers assist Certified Athletic Trainers (ATC) in every aspect of their jobs. Athletic Trainers are highly educated and skilled professionals that provide care to the physically active. ATC’s specialize in the prevention, assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries and illnesses that occur to athletes on a daily basis.
Student Athletic Trainers are eligible for scholarships up to full tuition depending upon the student athletic trainer’s workability and work ethic. The athletic training scholarship will not cover room and board and/or books and supplies. Scholarships are currently available during the fall and spring semesters with the possibility of receiving one during the summer if funds are available. Call 601-403-1372 or click here for more information and online application.
- VISUAL ART — Contact PRCC Fine Arts Department at 601-403-1438.
- RECRUITMENT TEAM/RIVER NAVIGATORS— Are you interested in being a campus leader? Apply to become a River Navigator at PRCC! River Navigators serve as the student recruitment team and represent PRCC to future Wildcats and their families. River Navigators provide campus tours, assist with recruitment and school events, participate in community service projects and serve as hosts to a variety of groups who visit our campus. To apply to be a River Navigator, please complete the application located in Wildcat Web. To be considered for an interview, students must complete the online application along with submitting the other required documents to email@example.com:
- A short essay stating why you want to be a River Navigator and what strengths you would bring to the team (No more than two pages)
- Your resume
- A confidential reference letter
The Office of Recruitment will contact students selected for interviews in late May or early June. Students selected to be River Navigators will participate in a training session during the summer and will be enrolled in a 1-hour college course. River Navigators will also earn a $500 scholarship each semester that they participate in. For more information regarding this scholarship, please contact Mrs. Kari Eve Valence at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-403-1198.
- STUDENT GOVERNMENT — Awarded to the elected Student Government Officers. The scholarship for the President is $1625 per semester. Scholarships for the Vice-President and Secretary/Treasurer are $500 per semester. (Freshman and Sophomore class officers are not included in this scholarship award.)
- HOUSING (RESIDENT ASSISTANT) — Scholarship is the value of room and board per semester. An application for Resident Assistant may be found here.
SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP POLICIES
Recipients are required to enroll and maintain full-time status during the semester.
Scholarships apply to direct institutional fees ONLY (tuition, room and board, and required educational supplies). Students do not receive cash refunds from service scholarships.
Scholarship recipients with a credit balance after assessment of institutional fees are able to utilize that credit at the Bookstore for necessary educational supplies (workbooks, etc.) to be used by the scholarship recipient only.
IMPORTANT: All service scholarships will be subject to proration to stay within the student's total cost of attendance budget.
How To Apply For Service Scholarships
Contact the appropriate office at Pearl River Community College to apply for specific scholarships.