The bookstore offers several laptop configurations which are known to work well will the educational software and electronic textbooks in use at PRCC. Some forms of financial aid can also be used to purchase computers from the bookstore.
In addition, we also recommend that Firefox, Java, and Adobe Flash Player be installed. Firefox should be installed first. You should then use the Firefox web browser to download and install Java and Adobe Flash Player.
- Firefox is available for free at www.firefox.com
- Java is available for free at www.java.com
- Adobe Flash Player is available for free at www.flash.com (The download link can be found to the bottom right of the webpage)
Microsoft Office 365 is available to PRCC students. Once you have your PRCC email account, you can register for and install this software package.
- Office 365 can be accessed for free at http://www.prcc.edu/information-technology
- This offers a savings of roughly $80.00 / year
- The registration link can be found to the bottom left of the webpage
Due to how often a personal computer is used as part of the higher education learning process and because accidents happen, we recommend an upgraded warranty that includes coverage for accidental damage.
If you do not wish to purchase a computer from the Bookstore, the following list of hardware should be used as guide to ensure the hardware you plan to use meets the recommended minimums.
- Dual Core Processor
- Windows 10 64 Bit
- 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM
- 128 GB HDD
- 802.11 BGN Wi-Fi Adapter