Thank you for your interest in attending ROAR! Please read this FAQ page before registering.
Do you plan to begin at PRCC during the Summer or Fall 2018 semester? We will hold ROAR sessions this summer just for you! See dates below:
If you will begin your classes in the summer semester:
Poplarville Campus May 24 - 2:00 pm
Forrest County Center May 24 - 2:00 pm
If you will begin your classes in the fall semester:
Poplarville Campus June 7 - (reserved for fine arts students/scholars), June 26 - 8:00 am or 1:00 pm (Closed), June 28 - 8:00 am or 1:00 pm, July 19 - 1:00 pm or 5:00 pm (Closed) , July 26 - 8:00 am or 1:00 pm, August 9 - 9:00am, 11:00am, or 1:00pm, August 10 - 9:00am, 11:00am, or 1:00pm
Forrest County Center June 14 - 1:00 pm or 5:00 pm, July 12 - 8:00 am or 1:00 pm, August 9 - 9:00am - 2:00pm, August 10 - 9:00am - 2:00pm
Hancock Center August 1 - 11:00 am
Registration for ROAR is on a first come, first served basis. Once we have reached our maximum attendance limit, the session will be closed for registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is ROAR?
- Who should attend ROAR?
- How long will ROAR last?
- What will I do at ROAR?
- What is a ROAR Express session?
- Will I be able to get the schedule I need?
- What do I need to bring to ROAR?
- Can I bring my parents or a guest to ROAR?
- Can I apply for housing at ROAR?
- Can I get a parking decal at ROAR?
- Can I pay my bill at ROAR?
- I already registered for ROAR, but now I need to change dates or my major. How can I make this change?
Q: What is ROAR?
A: ROAR is PRCC’s new student orientation. Here you will begin your journey as a new freshman where you will learn about campus resources, academic expectations, how to get involved on campus, and create your class schedule.
Q: Who should attend?
A: All new freshmen students planning to attend PRCC in the upcoming summer or fall semester are strongly encouraged to attend. Transfer students are also welcome to attend a ROAR session. You must complete your admissions file before attending your ROAR session. You should have received an acceptance letter from the Office of Admissions after completing the application process. Please call (601) 403-1214(Poplarville Campus) or (601) 554-5519 (Forrest County Center) to verify your completion of the admissions process if you have not received an acceptance letter or e-mail. We also encourage you to begin the financial aid process by applying for FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Q: How long will ROAR last?
A: We have so much to share with you, so make plans to be here roughly four hours. Dress comfortably and wear walking shoes if you will participate in the optional campus tour (see non-discrimination policy below regarding disability accommodations). Check-in begins 30 minutes prior to your session in the Brownstone Center (Poplarville Campus), Building 5 (Forrest County Center), or Front Desk (Hancock Center). We will have signs on campus to direct you.
Learn about campus resources
- Explore what RiverGuide, our student portal, has to offer
- Tour campus (optional)
- Understand college expectations
- Get involved with campus life
- Register for classes
- Take care of business (financial aid, student ID, etc.)
- Parent session available (summer ROAR sessions only)
ROAR Express sessions are shortened orientation sessions what we will provide during PRCC's Open Registration days in August. Just like all of our ROAR sessions, you will learn what you need to know to begin the semester at PRCC and will meet with an advisor to create your schedule.
- Your PRCC username and password that was e-mailed to you after you were accepted. It is very important you have this information with you at your ROAR session.
- Valid photo ID (such as your driver’s license)
- Any ACT scores or transcripts that have not already been sent to the PRCC Admissions Office (including transcripts for any Dual Enrollment courses you have completed at another college). You will be unable to register for classes without first being accepted to PRCC through the Admissions Office. (Please note: The ROAR process will run much more smoothly for you if you send your transcripts to PRCC at least one week before your ROAR session)
- Any financial aid documents that you may have questions about.
Q: Can I apply for housing at ROAR?
A: Please note, if you plan to stay in Student Housing, be aware that dorms typically stay full throughout the academic year. However, you are welcome to submit a housing application online through your RiverGuide account. You may call the Student Housing Office at 601-403-1412 if you have questions.
Q: Can I get a parking decal at ROAR?
A: Parking decals are available for purchase online here or you can pay in person at the Business Office on campus. After purchasing your parking decal, it will be available for pickup at the Campus Police department when you attend ROAR.
Q: Can I pay my bill at ROAR?
A: You will be able to pay your PRCC bill online after you register for classes. If you would prefer to pay in person at the Business Office, you will have the opportunity to do so after your ROAR session.
Q: I already registered for ROAR, but now I need to change dates or my major. How can I make this change?
A: If you need to make changes to the date or time of your ROAR session, the major you want to pursue at PRCC, or any other information you provided us on your original registration form, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Student Success
Pearl River Community College offers equal education and employment opportunities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability. For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or to request accommodations, special assistance, or alternate format publication please contact Tonia Moody Seal, Director of Admissions and Records, and ADA/Civil Rights Coordinator, at P.O. Box 5537, Poplarville, MS 39470 or 601-403-1060. For inquiries regarding Title IX, contact Maghan James, Assistant Vice President of Student Services and Title IX Coordinator, P.O. Box 5560, Poplarville, MS 39470 or 601-403-1253.