Thank you for your interest in attending ROAR! Please read this FAQ page before registering.
Do you plan to begin at PRCC during the Fall 2017 semeseter? Register today for our upcoming 2017 ROAR Sessions:
- June 8 - 8:00 am or 1:00 pm - reserved for PRCC Performing Arts students & Scholars (ACT Composite score of 21 or higher)
- June 22 - 8:00 am or 1:00 pm
- July 20 - 8:00 am or 1:00 pm
- July 27 - 8:00 am or 1:00 pm
Forrest County Center
- June 14 - 8:00 am or 1:00 pm
- July 13 - 8:00 am or 1:00 pm
- August 2 - 11:00 am
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is ROAR?
- Who should attend ROAR?
- How long will ROAR last?
- What will I do at ROAR?
- What do I need to bring to ROAR?
- Can I bring my parents or a guest to ROAR?
- Can I apply for housing at ROAR?
- Can I get a parking decal at ROAR?
- Can I pay my bill at ROAR?
- I already registered for ROAR, but now I need to change dates or my major. How can I make this change?
Q: What is ROAR?
A: ROAR is PRCC’s new student orientation. Here you will begin your journey as a new freshman where you will learn about campus resources, academic expectations, how to get involved on campus, and create your class schedule.
Q: Who should attend?
A: All new freshmen students planning to attend PRCC in the Fall semester are strongly encouraged to attend. Transfer students are also welcome to attend a ROAR session. You must complete your admissions file before attending your ROAR session. You should have received an acceptance letter from the Office of Admissions after completing the application process. Please call (601) 403-1214(Poplarville Campus) or (601) 554-5519 (Forrest County Center) to verify your completion of the admissions process if you have not received an acceptance letter or e-mail. We also encourage you to begin the financial aid process by applying for FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Q: How long will ROAR last?
A: We have so much to share with you, so make plans to be here roughly four hours. Dress comfortably and wear walking shoes if you will participate in the optional campus tour (see non-discrimination policy below regarding disability accommodations). Check-in begins 30 minutes prior to your session in the Brownstone Center (Poplarville Campus), Building 5 (Forrest County Center), or Front Desk (Hancock Center). We will have signs on campus to direct you.
Learn about campus resources
- Tour campus (optional)
- Understand college expectations
- Get involved with campus life
- Register for classes
- Take care of business (financial aid, student ID, etc.)
- Parent session available
- Valid photo ID (such as your driver’s license)
- Any ACT scores or transcripts that have not already been sent to the PRCC Admissions Office (including transcripts for any Dual Enrollment courses you have completed at another college). You will be unable to register for classes without first being accepted to PRCC through the Admissions Office.
- Any financial aid documents that you may have questions about.
Q: Can I apply for housing at ROAR?
A: Please note, if you plan to stay in Student Housing, be aware that dorms typically stay full throughout the academic year. However, you are welcome to submit a housing application online here. More information can be found on the Residence & Student Life page or you may call the Student Housing Office at 601-403-1412 to check on the status of your application.
Q: Can I get a parking decal at ROAR?
A: Parking decals are be available for purchase online here or you can pay in person at the Business Office on campus. After purchasing your parking decal, it will be available for pickup at the Campus Police department when you attend ROAR.
Q: Can I pay my bill at ROAR?
A: Beginning August 1st, you will be able to pay your PRCC bill online after you register for classes. If you would prefer to pay in person at the Business Office, you will have the opportunity to do so after August 1st..
Q: I already registered for ROAR, but now I need to change dates or my major. How can I make this change?
A: If you need to make changes to the date or time of your ROAR session, the major you want to pursue at PRCC, or any other information you provided us on your original registration form, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Please call us at 601-403-1377 if you have any questions. We are excited to welcome you to the Wildcat Family!
Office of Student Success
Pearl River Community College offers equal education and employment opportunities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability. For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or to request accommodations, special assistance, or alternate format publication please contact Tonia Moody, Director of Admissions and Records, ADA/Civil Rights Coordinator, and Title IX Coordinator at P.O. Box 5537, Poplarville, MS 39470 or 601-403-1060.